There are 2 types of polls which can be created.
- One Time Poll
- Recurring Pol
While Creating a new poll – in the ‘Poll Setting’ page, you can select the publishing frequencies. Polls launched just once is a “One Time Poll” and Polls which are scheduled to launch at set intervals are called “Recurring Polls”.
One Time Poll
- The status will be “Active” as long as the poll is accepting votes. On closing the status will change to “Closed”
- You cannot “Pause” a one time poll like in ‘recurring polls’.
- In “Iteration Column” – This will now show “Active iteration closes on mm/dd/yyyy” if an active poll iteration is in progress
- The poll will close automatically, after completing the number days mentioned in the “Stop accepting response after” section
- From the “More” options, you can manually close the poll even before it completing the actual open days set for the poll.
- The status will be “Active” as long as the future poll schedules are in place. These recurring polls can be stopped in-between and the status will show as “Paused” in such cases. When paused, all future iterations of the polls will not be launched until the polls are manually restarted.
- “Close Active Iteration” – When an active poll iteration is in progress, you will get this option and by ‘closing and active iteration’, only that in-progress iteration will get closed, all the future iterations of the polls will continue to launch as scheduled.
- “Pause Recurring Poll” – If you wish to stop all the scheduled future iterations of the poll, you can pause recurring poll.
- “Restart Recurring Poll” – if you wish to restart the recurring poll after pausing, you can use this option and by default the next scheduled launch date will be picked and launched.